If your ice maker isn’t working, it could be a simple fix. However, if this seems too complicated or you just don’t have the time or energy, pick up the phone now and contact us at 800-433-9740 or fill out our online request for service.
Table of Contents
- Here are some quick tips to help you get your ice maker going again
- Additional Possibilities
- Time to Call Home-Tech?
- Want to Know More About Home-Tech Service Agreements?
Here are some quick tips to help you get your ice maker going again:
1. Make sure the control arm is in the down or on position.
2. Replace the water filter at least every 6 months. Clogged filters are a common problem if they are not maintained according to manufacturer specifications.
<p “id=”12”>3. Make sure the temperature is set to between 0 and 5 degrees F (-18 to -13 degrees C). The ice maker will not make ice efficiently if the temperature is set too high.
4. Try resetting the ice maker. Some manufacturers equip the ice maker with a reset button. If yours has one, push the button and hold it for 10 seconds. Instead of a reset button, some ice makers have an on/off switch. If that is the case, turn the switch to the off position, wait 5 minutes, turn back on, and press the control arm down 3 times in succession. This should force the ice maker to begin the cycle of ice production.
If none of the above helped, the following are a little more involved but can help explain what is possibly wrong. However, a Home-Tech technician can quickly diagnose the problem and get your ice maker working again or replaced.
1. Try To Get Water from the Dispenser
2. Defective Water Inlet Valve
3. Low Water Pressure
4. Frozen Water Supply Tube
6. Malfunctioning Ice Maker Assembly
Time to Call Home-Tech?
The above are just some tips to try to help you get your ice maker working on your own. If you are unable to do so, Home-Tech is here to help! Our expert technicians in your area will come to your house, diagnose the problem and get your ice maker back up and running asap. We work on all brands. So call us today at 800-433-9740 or fill out our online request for service.
If you have a Service Agreement with Home-Tech, your ice maker is covered under the agreement! You can count on service 7 days a week – even on holidays. Log into our exclusive Member Services to schedule yourself, fill out our online form or call at 800-433-9740. Whatever is the most convenient for you.
Want to Know More About Home-Tech Service Agreements?
Our Gold & Silver Service Agreements cover all of your household major appliances, your air conditioning system and your water heater. When your air conditioning or appliances break down, our highly trained professional technicians will have you back in operation quickly, in most cases the same day.
- Parts & Labor – NO CHARGE!
- 2-Hour Service Call Time Frames
- Emergency Service 7 Days a Week
- Non-Repairable Appliance Replacement (under 10 years old) – NO CHARGE!*
- “Cost Discount” Pricing or “Gift Coupon Credit(s)” on Qualified Replacement Appliances
- Appliance Delivery, Setup and Installation on Qualified Purchases – NO CHARGE!
- Annual A/C Clean & Check**
- GOLD Service Agreement Members Service Calls – NO CHARGE!
- Silver Service Agreement Members – Minimum Service Call Charge!
*Water Heater by option only. Some Restrictions Apply. ** Minimum service call charge applies to Silver Service Agreement Members.