If the problem with your water heater is the tank itself or components, it’s time to contact Home-Tech at 800-433-9740 or fill out our online request for service so we can properly diagnose and fix it for you. However, if you have fluctuating temperatures or the hot water is running out quickly, you could possibly have some sediment build up in the bottom of your tank.
Table of Contents
- Follow these steps to drain sediment that has built up in the bottom of your water heater
- Turn the Water Off
- Turn the Cold Water Valve Off
- Let the Water Cool
- Attach a Garden Hose to the Drain on the Side of the Tank
- Place the End of the Hose into a Bucket or Drain
- Turn on a Faucet or Two So a Vacuum Doesn’t Form in Your Pipes
- Turn on the Drain Valve to Start Draining the Tank
- Turn the Drain Valve off after the Tank Has Finished Draining
- Common Signs You Have a Broken Water Heater
- Time to Call Home-Tech?
- Want to Know More About Home-Tech Service Agreements?
Follow these steps to drain sediment that has built up in the bottom of your water heater:
1. Turn the Water Off
2. Turn the Cold Water Valve Off
3. Let the Water Cool
4. Attach a Garden Hose to the Drain on the Side of the Tank
5. Place the End of the Hose into a Bucket or Drain
6. Turn on a Faucet or Two So a Vacuum Doesn’t Form in Your Pipes
7. Turn on the Drain Valve to Start Draining the Tank
8. Turn the Drain Valve off after the Tank Has Finished Draining
Common Signs You Have a Broken Water Heater
Of course, there could be many reasons you are having problems. Common signs that you have a broken water heater include lack of hot water, inconsistent water temperatures, foul odors coming from your water or unusual rattling sounds coming from your water heater. Home-Tech is here to help!
Time to Call Home-Tech?
The above are just some tips to try to help you get your water heater working properly on your own. If you are unable to do so, Home-Tech’s staff of licensed and experienced plumbers can properly diagnose and fix your problem and get you back into a hot shower quickly. We work on all brands. So call us today at 800-433-9740 or fill out our online request for service.
If you have a Service Agreement with Home-Tech, your water heater is covered under the agreement! You can count on service 7 days a week – even on holidays. Log into our exclusive Member Services to schedule yourself, fill out our online form or call at 800-433-9740. Whatever is the most convenient for you.
Want to Know More About Home-Tech Service Agreements?
Our Gold & Silver Service Agreements cover all of your household major appliances, your air conditioning system and your water heater. When your air conditioning or appliances break down, our highly trained professional technicians will have you back in operation quickly, in most cases the same day.
- Parts & Labor – NO CHARGE!
- 2-Hour Service Call Time Frames
- Emergency Service 7 Days a Week
- Non-Repairable Appliance Replacement (under 10 years old) – NO CHARGE!*
- “Cost Discount” Pricing of “Gift Coupon Credit(s)” on Qualified Replacement Appliances
- Appliance Delivery, Setup and Installation on Qualified Purchases – NO CHARGE!
- Annual A/C Clean & Check**
- GOLD Service Agreement Members Service Calls – NO CHARGE!
- Silver Service Agreement Members – Minimum Service Call Charge!
*Water Heater by option only. Some Restrictions Apply. ** Minimum service call charge applies to Silver Service Agreement Members.