Are you in the market for a new air conditioning system, but don’t want to get ripped off or taken advantage of by under-qualified air conditioning contractors? We’ve all heard the horror stories in the news of contractors taking advantage of clients. Purchasing a new air conditioning system is a process that should not be taken lightly. You may have found a heating and cooling system you would like to know more about or you don’t really even know where to begin the process. Well, we can help.
Home-Tech understands this process very well. We can provide you with guidance on how to choose your air conditioning contractor. Your duct work and home comfort needs should be a part of the evaluation. This is critical to the success of any air conditioning system installation.
Table of Contents
Signs of Professional Air Conditioning Contractors
- Asks about your home comfort experience and the things you would like to improve with a new AC system
- Asks about allergies, dust or other indoor air quality issues and then offers solutions
- Performs a Manual J load calculation to make sure the new system is properly sized
- Has a company commitment to ongoing technical training and employs NATE certified technicians
- Offers financing
- Offers a maintenance plan or Service Agreement
Red Flags and Warning Signs
- Quotes a price over the phone or on the back of a business card
- Doesn’t inspect the duct work
- The lowest bid (it takes more time and labor for a correct installation)
No More Hot Air
At Home-Tech, our Comfort Specialists will provide you with an honest quote and a full inspection of your air conditioning equipment and duct work. With Home-Tech you can expect a full energy audit, management of the permitting process, and installation by our NATE certified specialists. We ensure you will receive any and all of the utility, FP & L and manufacturers’ rebates on a new AC system. Home-Tech cares about your comfort and time. We show your home respect, leaving it spotless upon the completion of the installation. Have questions about a new system? Give us a call today at 800-800-8356 ext 5.