If you are having problems with your air conditioning system, very often you can trace it to a problem with the thermostat. Some common problems are:
1. The thermostat display is off or indicating a low battery.
2. The system is not cooling or heating.
3. The system is not reaching the desired temperature.
4. The system cycles too frequently (turns on and off).
Some Quick Things to Check on Your Thermostat:
1. If you have a humidistat and it’s set to the Away setting, it may be appearing blank until the humidity reaches the level set on the humidistat. If this is the case, set the humidistat to the Home setting. After that, the thermostat should work properly.
2. Do you need to replace the batteries? Most thermostats are made so you just have to pull the cover straight off the wall, then replace the batteries. After replacing the batteries, properly align the cover and snap it back on. It should start working again.
3. Check the circuit panel for a tripped breaker to the a/c system. If this is the cause, when you switch it back on, the system should start working again within minutes.
4. Reboot your thermostat by switching the breaker off. Wait a minute and then turn it back on.
Hopefully one of these got your system working again. If not, the problem may not be the thermostat.
Time to Call Home-Tech?
In Florida, no matter what time of year it is, when your air conditioner stops working, it’s an emergency! Your comfort is our number one priority. With 90 service vehicles on the road, we can get your air conditioner up and running again 7 days a week – even on holidays. Home-Tech services ALL BRANDS of air conditioners including Trane, Carrier, American Standard, Bryant, Rheem, Ruud, Lennox and Goodman.
Avoid Future Problems – Schedule an Annual A/C Clean & Check
It is highly recommended to have an annual a/c clean & check. Here at Home-Tech, we pride ourselves on the high quality of our air conditioner clean and check services. While we can fix any brand of air conditioner, maintaining A/C units is of the utmost importance. Check out our thorough checklist we perform to keep your system running smoothly.
If you are a GOLD or SILVER Service Agreement Member, an annual Clean and Check is part of your coverage. Call 800-433-9740 to schedule yours today.